Welcome to the CHUSD Payroll Department
The Coalinga Huron Unified School District, Payroll Department works to provide timely, accurate compensation for all work performed in accordance to the most up to date labor laws, educational code and bargaining unit contracts. We strive to maintain a balance between technical knowledge of payroll practices and individualized customer service. We practice discretion, honesty and transparency at all times. Here you will find the answers to frequently asked questions and our most commonly used forms. If you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to contact your district payroll technician.
phone (559) 935-7506
fax (559) 935-5329
657 Sunset Street
Coalinga, CA 93210
Monday – Friday
7:30 am – 4:30 pm
Resources and Links
- Certificated Management
- Certificated Psychologist/Speech/Nurse
- Certificated Teacher
- Classified Management
- Classified Salary Schedule
- Classified Titles and Salary Ranges
- Extra Duty Pay Schedule
Frequently Asked Questions
- Payroll is issued once a month, on the last working day of each month. Checks are sent to the sites’ main offices; unless you have opted into APD. Checks are mailed to your homes during winter, spring and summer recess.
- Your base salary is paid on the current month. Extra work and substitute work is paid the following month.
- Deferred Pay: you can elect to set aside a portion of your earnings each month in order to receive a check in July. Employees that work 11 months may opt to be paid for 12 months.
- Automatic Pay Deposit (APD) otherwise known as direct deposit can be set up at any time through the district office. You will need a voided check or a print out from your bank to accompany a completed APD form. In the event that you need to cancel your APD, you must notify payroll immediately.
- Your check stubs are digitally stored in the Fresno County DMS system. You may access all of your stubs at any time from a tablet, smart phone, laptop or PC. Your individualized county ID can be provided to you through the payroll office. Please see the DMS registration instructions on this page.
- Retirement is deducted from any wages earned. Your contributions are based on your pay and the district matches your contributions. Enrollment is mandatory for full time employees and part time employees who qualify.
- State and federal taxes are held based on your W-4 withholdings. You can change this at any time by completing a W-4 form at the district office front desk or by obtaining the form online and submitting it to payroll.
- Union dues are mandatory for qualifying employees.
- Updating Personal Information (name, address, phone number) – it is critical that you notify the district office of any changes made to your personal information immediately. This will affect your payroll and benefits.
- Leave time: It is important to note that your Personal Necessity entitlement is deducted from your Sick Leave entitlement. Your total hours for Sick Leave and Personal Necessity should not be added together to give you your total entitlement, always remember that your Personal Necessity leave of absences are deducted from your Sick Leave entitlement.