WELCOME TO THE CHUSD TRANSPORTATION DEPARTMENT
In assisting CHUSD District’s Mission Statement and Goals our transportation employees are driven to do their part in providing our students with the highest degree of safety while riding CHUSD’s school buses. Fulfilling this mission includes: Ensuring an effective, efficient and safe transportation program for all eligible riders. We will provide a seamless service with the utmost care and diligence while upholding the high standards of the Coalinga-Huron Unified School District.
CHUSD Transportation Department’s support role in the school district is to provide safe, comfortable, reliable and timely student transportation to school, home from school, and to extra-curricular events. It is the primary goal of the school bus driver to provide a transportation environment in which students, staff and parents feel secure.
Please note: Students transported are under the authority of the school bus driver and the Coalinga-Huron Unified School District.
Buses have cameras to record both video and audio. School administration will review the tapes if a concern arises. Violating bus rules may result in short- or long-term suspension, and families will need to arrange their own transportation.
To promote safety and well-being, Students are expected to follow all bus rules while riding…
- Respect other students and the driver.
- Students be at their bus stop and be ready for pick-up at least five minutes before the bus is due.
- Stand at a safe distance back from the curb or highway and line up single file, facing the street, when the bus approaches.
- Wait for the driver to motion you across the street when it is safe to cross, and walk in front of the bus by at least ten feet.
- Do as the bus driver says and obey the driver’s instructions.
- Every time use steps and handrails, and never crowd or push when getting on or off the bus.
- Always remain properly seated at all times while the bus is moving.
- Under no circumstances stand, except to exit the bus at your bus stop, and remain seated until the bus comes to a complete stop.
- On no occasion throw anything on the bus or out the bus window, or extend hands, arms, heads or objects through bus windows.
- For any change in bus transportation to ride another bus, to have anyone other than a parent pick up students or get off at a stop other than your student’s stop, the student will need to have on file written permission from parent/guardian turned into the Transportation Office. Forms are available from your Bus Driver.
- Talk in normal tones; screaming and yelling are prohibited.
- All school rules apply to the bus and at bus stops.
Riding a school bus is a privilege and should be treated as such.
Bus rules are for the safety of all those who ride the bus.
Students who refuse to obey these stated rules may forfeit their privilege to ride the school bus.
Bus Disciplinary Action
Parental assistance in discussing appropriate and safe behavior is appreciated. Unfortunately, failure to behave appropriately can result in loss of school bus privileges.
For a significant or recurring problem, the disciplinary procedure will be as follows:
- Student is requested by driver to comply with the rules
- Student and driver discuss the problem.
- Driver reports misbehavior to the principal and the principal takes one of the following actions:
- Principal and student discuss the problem and develop a plan to correct the behavior.
- The principal notifies the parents of the problem and of the possibility of forfeiting bus privilege.
- Student loses bus privileges for a specified number of days.
- Student forfeits bus privileges for the remainder of the school year.
Director of Transportation
Transportation Operations Assistant
Betty Artis email@example.com
Randy Chastain firstname.lastname@example.org
Veronica Guerrero email@example.com
Gina Garza firstname.lastname@example.org
Steven Hosman email@example.com
Jacob Kahikina firstname.lastname@example.org
James Milstead email@example.com
Julian Rodriguez firstname.lastname@example.org
Michael Salinas email@example.com
Tony Sanchez firstname.lastname@example.org
Melissa Templeton email@example.com
Dodie Valenzuela firstname.lastname@example.org
Tamara Yarbrough email@example.com
1512 Sunset Ave.
Coalinga, CA 93210
7:00 am – 4:00 pm
*Late Start Wednesday’s morning routes run one hour later than posted schedule