Attention Coalinga-Huron Unified Community,
As you’re aware, there has been a lot of information in the media about COVID-19, or the Coronavirus. You may be asking how this may affect our district.
We are in continuous contact with the Fresno County Superintendent of Schools, Fresno County Department of Health, state health agencies, and the Center for Disease Control in order to maintain health safety practices at all of our school sites. We are working on various safety plans based on recommendations from the local or state health departments. As of today, there are no recommendations to close schools in Fresno County.
Our custodial staff continues to disinfect classrooms with an EPA-approved disinfectant (products with EPA-approved emerging viral pathogens claims are expected to be effective against COVID-19 based on data for harder to kill viruses.) We are keeping soap dispensers and towels stocked in restrooms throughout the district. Furthermore, our teaching staff encourages their students to wash their hands frequently with soap and water. District administration reevaluates and adjusts the frequency of cleaning and disinfecting based on recommendations from our local and state health agencies.
We continue to recommend the same practices for everyone that are recommended year-round, especially during the flu season:
- Avoid contact with people who are ill.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw it in the trash.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water.
- Stay at home if you are ill. If someone is running a fever, it is recommended they remain at home until the fever has been gone for at least 24 hours without the use of fever-reducing medicines.
- Contact your health provider if you are concerned about any flu-like symptoms you have.
To learn the most accurate information about the background on COVID-19 (Coronavirus), please go to the following link at the CDC for more information and recommendations: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/summary.html
You can also go to the Fresno Department of Health link: https://www.co.fresno.ca.us/departments/public-health. As we receive new updates that affect our district, we will inform you.
For more information about the Coronavirus, including health tips and resources, please refer to the materials provided below.